Fill in the blanks with appropriate words. The answers have been given under the sentences.
1. A negative financial situation characterized by a lack of cash flow is known as _________.
2. __________ are freely available for purchase by investors on the secondary market.
3. Floating stocks are normally held by brokers and ______.
4. A _______ is a person who manages or owns a bank or group of banks.
5. _______ provide partial income risk insurance to producers.
7. A _______ is an issue of rights to buy additional securities in a company made to the company's existing security holders.
8. __________ is the amount of money taken by a business in a particular period or the number of shares traded for a period as a percentage of the total shares in a portfolio or of an exchange.
9. Selling the stock even at a loss by the bulls is known as _____ or bull unloading.
10. _________ is a regulatory and development authority under Government of India in order to protect the interests of the policyholders and to regulate, promote and ensure orderly growth of the insurance industry.
11. IRDA is a ten members' team comprising of a ______, _____ full time members and ______part time members, all appointed by Government of India.
12. IRDA came into being in the year ______.
13. _____ means scrip cannot move beyond certain limits set by SEBI.
14.______ is the rate at which the central bank of a country (Reserve Bank of India) lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
15. Repo rate is used by monetary authorities to control _______.
16. A bell that is rung to signify the start of the day's trading session is known as ______.
18. A person who acts as an intermediary between a buyer and seller, usually charging a commission is called ______.
19. _____ means carrying forward a contract position to another expiry date.
20. A _____ who specializes in stocks, bonds, commodities, or options acts as an agent and must be registered with the exchange where the securities are traded.
21. ______ is a principal or wholesaler who dealt only on the Stock Exchange with brokers, not directly with the public.
22. ULIP means ________.
23. _____ means a stock cannot be traded above a certain percentage on a single day.
24. Liquidity crises occur due to the lack of __________ required to meet short term obligations.
25. A sudden market burst or increase of activity or price is known as __________.
26. _______ is defined as a sustained increase in the general level of prices for goods and services.
27. A rapid decline in the prices of the stocks is known as __________.
28. Specific number of shares offered by a company to its existing shareholders in proportion to their holdings is known as __________.
29 Providing very effective insurance to commodity stockholders at a remarkably low cost is known as __________.
30. _________ are shares which have preference over ordinary shares for payment of dividend or return of capital.
31. ________ is used by monetary authorities to control inflation.
32. A sustained increase in the general level of prices for goods and services is known as _____.
33. IRDA means ______.
34. ______ means sudden increase in the prices of shares or activity.
35. IPO stands for ______.
36. ______ is the payment made by the insured party to the insurer.
37. _____ means the discount rate at which central bank borrows money from commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
38. When all of a sudden the prices of shares come down very sharply and rapidly, it is called _________.
39. The first sale of stock by the private company to the public is known as _______.
40. Liquidity crisis can be defined as a situation caused by a lack of _______.
41. Liquidity crisis leads company to declare _______.
42. A banker is a _______ in money.
43. A banker’s main business is not to lend money but _____ money.
44. ______ means the volumes of shares traded on a stock exchange.
45. A _____ is normally a contract through which a seller of securities promises to buy them back at a latest date for a mutually agreed price.
46. The full form of repo is ______.
47. The rate of _______ is fixed before the issue of the preference shares.
48. A market condition in which the price of securities is falling is known as ______.
49. ________ is a system to curb moderate speculation in the stock market.
50. Active buying by bull operators is called ______.
(1) Liquidity Crisis
(2) Floating Stock
(5) Future Markets
(7) Right Issue
(9) Bull liquidation
(11) Chairman, five, four
(13) Lower Circuit
(14) Repo Rate
(16) Opening Bell
(19) Roll over
(22) Unit Linked Insurance Plan
(23) Upper and Lower Circuit
(24) Liquid assets
(27) Nose dive
(28) Right issues
(29) Future trading
(30) Preference shares
(31) Repo rate
(33) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority
(35) Initial Public Offering
(37) Repo rate
(38) Nose dive
(39) IPO (Initial Public Offering)
(40) Cash flow
(43) To collect
(44) Turn over
(45) Repo rate
(48) Bear hammering
(49) Lower circuit
(50) Bull support